Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I need a bit of help and a QP for you!

363 people visited my blog yesterday! THANK YOU!!!!

Hello all! Well, I'm back with a new QP for you. This is from http://www.nanas-attic.blogspot.com/ and it's from her Muddled kit. I just love that kit. The colors are so perfect for fall. Can you believe it's going to be fall this week? I'm so excited. My favorite time of year. Oh, and I also have that Caramel Apple Pie recipe for you. Yummy!!!!

I emailed Anita this weekend about how to get started making kits. I think I'm going to try and start with papers (obvious choice) and then venture out. She had some great tips for me so I'm starting there. It's irritating that I can't make my own kits. I have the imagination for them and the vision...just not the know how. I'd love to offer up some free kits to everyone but need a little guidance on where to start. If anybody has any good websites on tuts for making elements, ribbons, kits etc....could you please either post them or email me? I'd sure appreciate it. Also, if you kit makers use anything else besides PSP or Photoshop and the program is FREE, please post that as well. I'm trying my best to find stuff but sometimes it's a slow go. And I'm not trying to be cheap at the moment, I just want to get my feet wet before I go and spend a ton of money on programs to make kits. I use PSP and so far, that's been good enough. Thank you Thank you!

Here is the recipe I promised:

Caramel Apple Pie

INGREDIENTS:

1 refrigerated 9 inch double crust deep dish pie
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
5 cups thinly sliced apples (About 5 medium apples) I used 2 Fuji and 3 Granny Smith.
1/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
20 caramels, cut into quarters
2 tablespoons milk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------DIRECTIONS:Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

To Make Taffy: In a small bowl combine brown sugar, melted butter or margarine, and 1/3 cup flour. Mix well and set aside.

To Make Apple Filling: Place apples in a large bowl. Add white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Toss until all ingredients are mixed well and apples are thoroughly coated.

Spoon half of apple filling into pastry-lined deep-dish pan. Top with half of caramels and half of taffy mixture. Repeat process with remaining apple filling, caramels and taffy mixture.

Place top pastry over filling and seal well (this is very important--if edges are not sealed, caramel will leak out all over). Cut steam vents and brush top crust with milk or light cream.

Cover pie with foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and baking sheet from under pie and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is golden. Turn off the oven and cover pie back up and let it sit in the warm oven another 2 hours to ensure the caramels have completely melted. Serve warm with a bit of ice cream on the side. Yummy!.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay now my mouth is watering....




Here is your freebie! Download it Here.








7 comments:

Sue - Texas said...

Ok, my breakfast just isn't cutting it now. I want some pie. ;-) I love the QP. Keep them coming.

Anonymous said...

This is sooo cute. I have her kit and love it. Thank you for the QP.

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for this mouth-watering recipe! I can't wait to try it out. Also, thanks for sharing another wonderful QP! Best of luck on your tuts!!

Sue - Texas said...

I check this site everyday. You should have them list your freebies. :-) http://digifree.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thank you. This is a beautiful QP. You are very talented and we appreciate you sharing it with us.

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!